Have you been having dreams about someone and wondering if they are thinking of you?
Could it be possible that they dream about you too?
The answer is “debatable”. There are different theories as to whether it’s true that when you dream about someone, they think of you.
In some cases, it might be true or perhaps it could be just a coincidence.
So what does it mean when you dream of someone? Are they thinking or maybe dreaming about you too?
Let’s explore the different possibilities to know if they are thinking or having dreams about you too.
- Is it true that dreaming about someone means they’re thinking of you?
- How do you know if someone is dreaming about you?
- Why did I dream about him?
- Possible reasons why you are dreaming about him
- How to make someone think of you in their dreams
- Summary: If you dream about someone, are they thinking about you?
Is it true that dreaming about someone means they’re thinking of you?
Many people believe that the idea that when you dream about someone, they are dreaming or thinking of you is a false assumption. Studies suggest that when we dream about someone in our sleep, we could be dreaming about ourselves.
Psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud explained that our dreams are a result of our desires, thoughts, emotions, and motivations. Most often, dreams are interpretations of what you have been doing or thinking about. Our thoughts and emotions manifest themselves in our dreams. This way, the mind finds comfort to express deep worries and anxiety.
How do you know if someone is dreaming about you?
Have you ever dreamt about someone you haven’t spoken to in ages, and wake up to a text from them the next morning? Spooky right!
Sometimes these kinds of mystical things happen to us through our intuition, but we cannot explain how.
You might wonder if you dream about someone, do they dream about you? It can be the case that when you dream about someone, they are dreaming about you.
This phenomenon studied by scientists is called “dream telepathy”. This consciousness hypothesis claims that when we think about something, our brain processes the same thoughts as the person with whom we are thinking about.
If the person is dreaming and thinking about you, it could mean that they want to be connected with you in some way. This can trigger a desire for having contact with them in waking life.
Even though we don’t fully understand how these things work, this theory could make sense since we live in a vibrational universe. So intuitively, we pick up on these vibrations without being aware of them!
So if you dream about someone what does it mean?
Why did I dream about him?
When you dream about someone, does that mean they miss you?
Or does it mean that you miss them?
If you find yourself dreaming about your ex-boyfriend or husband, ask yourself whether you cannot stop thinking about your ex when you’re awake. If the answer is yes, it’s highly likely the reason why you are dreaming about him.
Or perhaps you are dreaming about your colleague at work and find yourself asking why you are dreaming about him.
Do you secretly have a crush on him? Or was it just a meaningless dream where your mind is mixing your waking life and showing up in your dreams?
For more clarification, check out the reasons why you keep dreaming about your ex.
Possible reasons why you are dreaming about him
- Having a crush on someone – when you dream about someone, it could be that you have a crush on him. This leaves you wondering whether he might be thinking of you or dreaming of you. But in reality, it might be just a wishful desire which shows up in your dream.
- Hooked on someone – You might be “struggling to get over someone you never dated”. When you have a crush on someone, it’s easy for you to dream about them but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are thinking or dreaming about you too. The harsh reality is that it’s probably just your mind creating a fake reality to comfort and fulfill your desire.
- Struggling with a breakup – Another possible reason could be following a breakup. When you just broke up with someone, it’s no surprise that your ex might show up in your dreams. This could mean that you are struggling to get over your breakup. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you are showing up in his dreams too.
Don’t get stuck in your dreams, it will get better with time! Recovering from a breakup takes time so don’t be too hard on yourself. Learn more about the 7 stages of breakup grief to understand what you are going through. If you stay thinking about your ex, the chances are that they will show up in your dreams. So try to let go of these thoughts and good memories together and focus on moving on with your life.
- Long-distance relationship – If you are in a long-distance relationship and you keep dreaming about him, it’s completely natural. Being in a long-distance relationship comes with its challenges. So it’s quite common that you dream about him and crave his affection. Does it mean that he’s thinking about you or missing you? Find out how to make him miss you in a long-distance relationship and you might end up making him think of you in his dreams too.
How to make someone think of you in their dreams
Is this even possible? You can always give it a try and see what happens.
Let’s say you secretly have a crush on someone and you want to make them think of you in their dreams. Texting them before bedtime might be a good way of popping up in their dreams.
Be flirty but subtle, so you make sure that you get his or her mind thinking. You don’t want to be too obvious and throw yourself at them. If you get them wondering whether you’re flirting, it means they’re spending more time thinking about you.
The more time they spend thinking about you, the bigger the chance that they will think of you in their dreams!
Summary: If you dream about someone, are they thinking about you?
As we discussed in this article, there are different theories as to whether this is true or not. So it depends on what you believe to be true and your interpretations.
The bottom line is that it could be possible, while it could also be wishful thinking. Dreams can be just a product of our subconscious mind.
Or it could be that you dream of someone and they dream of you too.
I guess that depends on how mystical you are and on your perception and beliefs about our mysterious universe and consciousness itself.